Kern County Jail
1415 Truxtun Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone: (661) 868-6850
Kern County Jail
The Central Receiving Facility is the facility where inmates are received. Inmates are generally held in this facility pending their release or first Court appearance. If the inmate will be in custody past their first Court appearance, the inmate is generally transferred to one of the Facilities at the Lerdo Complex.
1. Proper identification is required of all visitors to the Kern County Jail Maximum-Medium Facility. Acceptable identification:
• Valid non-expired Driver’s license with photo from any State
• Identification with photo from any State
• Any other County or State identification with a photo
• Any U.S. Government-issued photo identification
• Photo passport
2. The visiting week will begin on Sunday and end on Saturday.
3. Number of visits allowed per week:
• All inmates are allowed two (2) thirty-minute visits.
4. No more than two adults and two children will be allowed to visit at one time.
5. All visitors eighteen (18) years and older must complete a visit request form. A guardian with proper identification must accompany visitors under the age of eighteen (18)
Kern County Jail Facility Rules
1. Receiving Money:
• Cash, money orders and cashier’s checks sent via U.S. Mail or brought into the Maximum-Medium Facility for an inmate will be accepted in any amount and placed on the inmate’s commissary account.
2. Releasing Inmate Money and/or Property:
• Inmates may release their money and property to any out of custody person, if the person possesses a U.S. government or U.S. State government issued picture identification.
• Money or personal property may be released completely or partially at any time of the day or night with the inmate’s approval. The shift supervisor may postpone a release if the release will interfere with court pulls, meal passes or sick call.
3. Mail Rules: Rules for mail coming into the Kern County Jail are as follows:
• All mail is inspected for contraband when it is received.
• Money orders and cashier’s checks may be sent to an inmate through the mail and will be added to the inmate’s commissary account. Please include the inmate’s booking number on the money order or cashier’s check.
• Personal checks are not acceptable and will be returned to the sender.
No photographs, pictures or photocopies of photos will be accepted.
• Books and magazines will only be permitted if they are sent to the inmate directly from the publisher.
• The inmate is not allowed to receive any unused envelopes, stamps, or paper in the mail.
• Letters and envelopes must be free from any white out, lipstick marks, address labels, or stickers of any kind. No large cards, musical cards, cards with glitter or other items attached will be allowed.
Pacific Telephone Company provides discount inmate telephone call services to Kern County Jail , and other jails throughout America.